Saturday, November 26, 2011

Do you fruit cake?

Ahhh, now its time to start planning for Christmas.  I was watching Kelsey's Essentials on the Cooking Channel & she had a gingerbread cake truffle recipe that looked amazing.  My only problem is I despise white chocolate...one because it isn't chocolate & two I just don't care for the flavor!  So that said I'm going to have to go with dark chocolate unless I can get the white to not taste like itself!!!  Any ideas out there please let me know.  I might venture a try with fruit cake!  Jury is still out on that one!  Although I would 'tweak' especially where the fruit comes in, because I can't stand that fruit they use in traditional fruit cake! 

Do you fruit cake?  If so please let me know & share your recipe unless it is a guarded family secret!  I would love to know how many people still make & send fruit cake for Christmas.

You can put your recipes here or you can send them to me,  bakesnbooks@yahoo.com

Now go to your room and read!

1 comment:

  1. how can you not like white chocolate?! it's so yummy! i had a bite of fruit cake for the first time last year, but it was store-bought from harry and david. it wasn't bad. if you get a good recipe let me know and i'll try to make it!

    ReplyDelete