Monday, November 7, 2011

Bread Machine Cinnamon-Raisin Bread

Well tis the season to make bread...for me anyway (bread machine)!  I don't seem to do it other times during the year.  I was looking at different recipes and most of them called for dry milk.  I haven't had dry milk for years.  I went on line and the first recipe I came across was good ole Betty Crocker!  I was happy with what I saw so decided to go ahead with it...& I am soooo glad I did.  I tweaked it a little just because I always do.  Nothing smells as good as bread baking on a cool Fall day, I hope you enjoy~


Makes 1 loaf (1 1/2 lb), approx. 12 slices
Adapted from Betty Crocker

1 cup water (100 degrees) Recipe didn't specify so I went with the lowest from other recipes
2 TBSP butter or margarine, softened (I used butter)
3 cups bread flour (I used all purpose)
3 TBSP sugar  (4TBSP brown sugar)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon  (I used 1 TBSP)
2 1/2 tspn bread machine yeast  (I used what I had on hand)
3/4 cup raisins  (I used 1 cup & will probably use more next time)

I took my brown sugar and cinnamon & mixed them together before adding to other ingredients.

1.  Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.  Add raisins at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5-10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.

2.  Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle.  Use medium or light crust color.  Remove baked bread from pan & cool on wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Again my hubby can't stop eating the breads I've made! They are quite yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete